Skip to main content

Opposites

I was reminded the other day, of how different genders are naturally drawn to find features attractive.

While watching a video of a new game, someone remarked on the face of the character, which was now given age, and lines.  Given very square features, and big thick beard.  The person said how much he wanted to look like the character.

The character who looked to be far older than he.

And it reminded me that for most men, it's encouraged to have those broad and square features.  That lines and age make them look distinguished rather than old.  And that is viewed as looking very masculine and attractive.

On the other hand, most women strive to continue looking the way they do in high school.  They want soft slender features, with no defined marks.  Showing any lines makes them look old, and uncaring, rather than aged and strong. 

It's rather shitty in a way.  That most men aspire to hit the point where they look like these older men, and women strive to cling to something they may have had for a very short part of their lives.

I find myself even falling victim to it.  I celebrate the fact that I still look the same as I did as a kid, and vastly prefer broad masculine features on partners.  That slender males simply fall outside of my preference.  While that isn't a bad thing, because everyone has a different taste, it does put me right in the standard of something, which I will admit feels a little odd.

Can't be weird all the time I suppose.

Comments