Skip to main content

A Week of Many Things

This week is madness, but in so many good ways.

On Tuesday, we had to take the pup back to the shelter.  When we first got him, he was heartworm positive, and so the shelter wouldn't adopt him out fully until he was done with treatment.  That meant that he was only considered a foster for the several months he stayed with us until this point.  In many ways, that was good, because had he not worked out, we could return him, without breaking any contracts, or having paid for him.

Well, he took the ride to the shelter, got a quick test, and he's heartworm negative.  The people at the shelter very nearly forgot that we needed to actually pay for and sign for him to be fully adopted until we had asked them about it.  A short wait later, and some paperwork done, and he's now officially no longer a shelter dog, and has a home for what might be the first time in his life.  He's snuggled up with my butt right now, so I'm pretty sure he's happy here.

Lux is taking on a new job, which gets him out of the environment he was in, and hopefully onto bigger and better things.  It also means he's moving closer, which is fantastic.  He has a lot of things changing for him, and they're all very much needed.  I'm looking forward to him being closer.

The gnome wound up causing some scheduling issues for Squishy, and after trying to have her handle it, I had to explain everything, and now it's fixed, but turns my weekend into something much busier than it was going to be.  She's been in a bit better a state lately with the end of the year coming I think, but she's still having some issues.

I found out another cute boy just moved closer to me from where he was, and I'm hoping this gives us the chance to build a better friendship. 

I'm trying to make a dent in the many many projects I have coming up, and seeing it being made. 

I have so many more things I need to fit into my day, and this week is very busy already, but all this good news is making me feel a lot better about everything.

Comments