Skip to main content

Stepping In

Lux and I talked a lot about the dangers of many people in the scene, and our fears bringing people in, and the risks we take.  We spoke about how he doesn't know how he'd react to someone accusing him of something he didn't do, or blowing a situation up way beyond the truth.

I laughed, and said that I'd go ahead and step in and handle in.  While he found it amusing, and hopefully as something supportive, he said that he didn't need me fighting all his battles. 

And while yes, I do let him handle and learn a lot of things for himself, I'm going to be supportive where I can, and in those situations where he is backed into a corner, I'm not going to stop myself from setting things straight.  I'm far too overprotective to let him get hurt and not do anything about it.

To which we talked about how I've already proven that.  That he was accused of something by someone absolutely unsafe, after I had been told even more conflicting statements.  He was accused of something where I was a witness to how much she lied about it after.  I remember seeing her statement and wanting to immediately get into the car and drive.  Drive until I found her and go for blood.  I told Lux about it, and he said he'd handle it, which she immediately tried curling up as though he wouldn't have ever seen it.  That she expected to get away with lies.

We talked about how for a long time we had a rule that if there was a new play partner, the other person needed to be present.  In a way, we still have that.  We definitely double check with each other about outside people and if we're wanted around, both as a safety, and for any aftercare.

Sure, maybe we're paranoid, but we do let each other handle what we know we can, and if not, I know we have each other's back.

Comments