Skip to main content

A New One

This last week meant both mine and Lux's birthdays have passed, and we're each another year older.

While he's just another step into his thirties, I've now officially left my twenties.

It's a good thing I still look twelve.

Squishy asked me if turning thirty meant I had to become an adult.  By that she meant acting like a stuffy old person.  She seemed very upset with the idea.  It was rather cute.

Lux's birthday I was home while he was out with friends, getting completely smashed.  Apparently, even though I was barely getting half sentences, he was damn near poetic with a handful of other people.  When he went and read back over a lot of it he wound up apologizing to me because of how he was acting with everyone else.  Had he not pointed it out and apologized after saying it, I probably would have gotten a bit upset, but this made it more funny than anything.

He can always make it up to me later anyway.  I didn't even tell him that, and don't expect anything, but I won't say no.

I often say that my birthday is pretty much cursed.  Something always happens, and either fucks up any plans I make, or keeps me from doing anything.

Well, this year the gnome decided to disregard my birthday after making such a big deal of having Squishy home, and instead kept changing plans.  It's wonderful about how every month he's been trying to ignore my plans so he can larp (with dates he had previously agreed to) but feels like he can just change plans for me on the spot.  It shows he's still an asshole, and always will be.

So, my birthday became something quiet, which fortunately was only minimally fucked up.

However, it's passed, and now a ton more things are happening.

Comments