Skip to main content

Getting Lost

Last weekend I went up to the city to visit Dansa, after she had visited me a few times, and was asking when I could come up to her place. 

After a lot of arguing with the gnome, and dealing with things, I was off to the city, with plans to go to a rope thing that night, and some little adventures for my birthday.  I had to navigate the city unsupervised to get up to her place, which went fairly smoothly, as worried as I was. 

When I got up there I provided much desired distraction from work, and got settled in.  We got some food, had coffee, and I found out one of the people I was supposed to tie with wouldn't be there that night.

We went off to the rope event, which was incredibly quiet.  Dansa got through her ties, including one bendy one on me.  She tried doing some purposefully mean things, and got a bit pouty when I didn't even flinch.  Even when she dropped me back on the ground, she started kicking me to try and get me to acknowledge pain, wound up hurting herself, and I just laughed at how it backfired.

I suppose my masochism can in fact feed my sadism.  Awesome.

We got back early, and went to bed a bit after.  I woke up like I was home, and had to try and go back to bed, because it had only meant about four hours of sleep otherwise.  Once we were both up, we got moving to my birthday brunch, which was wonderfully hipster, including some fantastic french toast, and a mountain of bacon.  I couldn't even finish everything, and we were off to the farmers market to hunt down some things for a particular potato salad Dansa wanted to make.

I melted.  Really.  I simply became a puddle of Loki.

Eventually, I became melted in the apartment again, now with a large box of things we needed to assemble as well as groceries.  After some time, when I became a solid Loki again, we got through those, remaining friends, though frustrated with some of the things we had made.  We also went about making the potato salad, which was fairly successful.

Later in the evening, we got to taking some pictures for my next coloring book, which I'm looking forward to diving in to, and building over the coming weeks.  The rest of the night was quiet, but we got a lot done.

The next day, with a backpack officially dying, I headed home, again worried about navigating the city by myself, but managing with good time, and getting home. 

It was a good weekend, and a nice set up to a few weeks of being incredibly busy while prepping for Pennsic and working on this book.

Time to crack into all the things.

Comments