Skip to main content

Intent and Interference

Lux and I have had a plan for a particular scene for a while.  He wanted to have me suspended as a punching bag, and then turn it into an impact scene.  Needless to say, I had no issue with any part of this idea.  We just needed to take time to figure things out with blood pooling, and time restrictions and such for safety.

Well, one night at Pennsic, while we're all sitting in the dojo, Lux asks if I am up for doing it.  He ran it past a friend to rig me up, and everything was good.

The dojo was crowded, but I went up.  Lux started punching me, and jokes started being made.  At one point, I wound up completely lifting myself upright in laughter.  People commented about endorphins being built up soon, and such things.

At one point, since all my weight was on one wrap around my hips, the rope dug in so much that I needed to be shifted.  I wound up with raw spots after the fact, so I definitely needed to move.  The scene continued beyond that point though, and everyone enjoyed seeing it.

Here's the thing though.

We wanted it to be a serious torture scene.  With things that happened at Fusion, and talks afterward, we didn't want our usual giggly stuff.  Everyone else there is generally so lighthearted though, that jokes happened anyway.

With so many people in the dojo, Lux also couldn't safely get any solid hits in on me.  So while people were claiming I was going to be hit by endorphins, and I'd break down, even though he could probably drop just about anyone else there with a single hit, it wasn't near enough to really hurt me, literally because the setting wouldn't allow for it.

It's a shame, because we wanted it to work and have fun.

We've also talked it out about how to try again and make it work better in the future.

Just because it didn't work out this time doesn't mean it failed.  It just means we know what we need to plan for the next time.

Comments