Skip to main content

An Unexpected Surprise

I may be up at Lux's right now, but a couple weeks ago, he went down past me to Maryland for a week to see some friends.  He planned on staying with a few different people, then ending the week with a Halloween party, and making the long drive all the way north.

Well, he got through most of the week, and then not only did he get a bit burnt out, but something had happened that he reacted to poorly, and needed to process.

And since I was the exact middle point of the trip, I offered space so he could split the drive, and be able to get away from all the people.  Having a puppy to hug would also help him.

He took a while to figure out his plan, and get through what he needed to do, but where I had figured on not seeing him until my trip up here, he told me he was on the way.

While he definitely needed to process, it was nice to have that quiet night together.  To put work aside that I had planned on, and catch up on the visit, and snuggle, and decompress.

We joked about a lot of things.  About things that happened with him, and dopey thoughts, and our normal silly rolling conversation.  He had played with a couple people down there, which are both new partners.  More than once, we joked about how we've gotten comfortable and familiar with each other, and having to train new partners in just a very generic baseline way.

It was a short visit, but a fun reminder, and definitely made me happy for a thousand reasons.

Comments