Skip to main content

A Plop

Oliver is very much a timid dog.  While he can often be a bit outspoken, I often call him a weenie, as he will constantly hide behind me, looking for me to protect him.

But just as often, whenever I have him on the leash outside, and even when just standing in the house or the yard, he plops his butt on my feet.  Sitting tall and proud, looking out while keeping my toes warm.

It's a gesture of territorial affection.  Him sitting there saying I'm his person, and showing me off as I stand over him.

It makes me reflect on how his behaviors as a pup don't differ all that much from people.  Especially so in kink dynamics.

There are often times when I will sit on the floor, just because I want to, and then lean onto Lux's leg.  I don't feel like I have to, but it's my way to snuggle without getting in the way, and creates a definite visible gesture to our power exchange.

And never do I feel like I have to sit there, or like I'm ashamed to.  I choose to, and show that affection to Lux proudly, much like how Oliver puffs up his chest like a well behaved pup.

It's rather adorable how he announces so often that he belongs to me.  I hope that it's even half as cute when I make similar gestures.

Comments