Skip to main content

Looking Clearer

So, we decided against Winterfire this year.  Lux was destroyed by work, and needed to take time off the week before, and it was a lot of extra time and money to worry about, so we figured it would be best to skip it.  

And while I didn't feel any sense of loss by not going, I did feel like I wished I could have done more with the long weekend than I did.  I relaxed, and caught up on a couple things, but didn't really feel super productive.  I know I don't need to be constantly doing, but this just seemed like time I should have been taking advantage of.

However, we have decided on doing Pax, and seeing a bunch of friends there.  It's my first time there, and while I have wanted to go to this show for a long time, I'm a bit nervous with how big it's apparently gotten.  I don't know how this event works, and it's a little disorienting going into the prep so short notice.

I've been pestering Lux with silly things, and while he's telling me not to sweat the small stuff, I would much rather worry now, know what to expect, and what I need, and once everything starts, it's all smooth.  Not to mention that things being in the air, or not taken care of makes me very anxious, both because I enjoy getting things done and over with early, and because of things I've dealt with to enforce that anxiety previously.  I know, I hate bringing that up constantly too, but it's just a reminder of everything I have dealt with, and how much I'm still working on.

All things considered though, I'm excited.  I hope this is the start of many positive adventures this year.

Comments