Skip to main content

A Visit While Lost

 I mentioned a few weeks ago that I have a new student, and how they've also started selling some of the things I make.  Well, after many weeks of trying to organize and get past other things, she was able to come and visit for a bit.  

Overall it was a quiet visit, but good to see her.  We talked about some plans for the future, started working on something that will hopefully sell off a good amount of the things I've already made, and had a decent class in person that let me point out where she is making progress.

There's a lot of ambition in what we're doing, and hopefully we get to it all.  In the meantime though, because I wanted to get so many things done because I felt like I was falling behind, I now feel like I don't have enough.  I feel like a failure because I'm not juggling twenty thousand things, even though this week is packed with the end of the school year for Squishy.

I'm hoping to find balance this summer.  To have just enough happening that I can do some work, but be able to actually find time for me.  I haven't been able to really relax in the time I have in far longer than I should admit, and I know I need to do that for my health.

The things that I'm building allow me to be me, and make what I enjoy, but now I'm working with others.  I feel less like I'm drowning in trying to get something moving because of this, and it's encouraging me to pursue more things.  It means that I'm trying to juggle more than most people would be comfortable with, but being able to play with so many things should actually help me keep from burning out in the long run.

This is the summer of finding balance.  Not perfect balance all the time, but in the long run.

Comments