Skip to main content

Adventures All Around

 Last weekend was something that left me sunburnt, and concerned in some ways, but feeling happy in others.

Puppy came out for another weekend, which we had planned for a while, in order to go to the new renn faire that started in New York.  First though, we had a bit of time since he drove out early to avoid shore traffic.  We watched a live action adaptation for an anime that we've been digging into, and found yet another movie to get to.

The faire was fun, but a long drive away.  I'm looking forward to seeing how it evolves over time as it gains more traction and notice, because right now it's a little small, as people don't want to risk an eight week contract on a gamble.  On the ride home, there was a lot of problematic people on the road, and we were both about hangry, and it was not great.

However, while trying to make up plans, backups, and backups for backups, I eventually got us a solid idea for dinner.  I asked him if he wanted to try somewhere for Indian, which he loves, but I'd only had bad experience with.  We'd talked previously about it, and I'd attributed it to only ever having it with people who weren't going to actually keep track of what I might like, and needed to attempt again at a clean slate.  Given the vast spectrum of flavor in Indian food, I typically wouldn't have tried it on my own, and with how hungry I was, needed to just flat out tell Puppy to make food appear, and I would try it.

And even given all the issues, he considered what he knew about my preferences in everything he picked.  I enjoyed everything he got, for the most part (One thing I wouldn't order again, but didn't dislike it).  Before we were brought anything, he made a comment that he thought we would have leftovers, but we demolished all of it.  It made me very happy to have a solid experience, and grateful for people who actually listen.

Unfortunately, once we got home, I found some explosions caused by my parents' poor decisions, but that hasn't completely resolved as of writing this, so that'll be later.

Comments