Skip to main content

Obligatory Turkey Day Post!

As is appropriate every year on Thanksgiving, the following is a collection of what I am thankful for.

* Self awareness, and the ability to learn and grow within myself
* The best support structure I've ever had in life, in the form of a fantastic domly dragon, and the return of my wonderful kitty, each of which have their own place in my life which no standard title would ever fit what they are to me
* The realization that I am apparently poly, but just really picky.  And apparently should trust my type
* Having seen and felt the effects of unbalanced and inconsiderate assholish poly, so that I have a better knowledge of the importance of the care I need to put into those in my life
* Adventures, which help me experience new things, and build memories
* A talent with the arts that will have me constantly making leaps and strides in my work
* The ability to cook, and bake, and an enjoyment in doing so that brings people together
* The inspiration to go do and see all sorts of new things
* Being service oriented, and getting to take care of those important to me as often as I can
* Slowly but surely trying to distance myself from the toxic people who have been in my life

This has been a really difficult year for me in a lot of ways, but really amazing in some others.  Here's hoping the next year gives me far more to be thankful for, with the same wonderful people.


Comments