Skip to main content

Lines

I've been seeing a ton of stuff all over about how women are avoiding lines on their faces, and winding up with any signs of aging, or marks on their faces.

That these lines are frowned upon, because skin should be perfectly smooth without any signs of anything.

And, maybe it's me being more masculine, but unlike most of my body, I have no problem with the lines on my face.  In fact, I'm kind of proud of all of them.

My smile lines mean I've laughed, and found happiness in things despite how my life has been.

The lines starting to form near my eyes don't mean I've scowled, but that I've smiled with my entire face, in a way that couldn't be mistaken.

Even the lines in my forehead, are because I fought.  I fought for respect, and to be treated like a person, and these lines show me that I refuse to back down.

I'm reminded of who I am by the lines that have formed on my face, and what I've stood up through, and what I've done.

And if me finding any sort of happiness, or having strength makes me less attractive, then they can kiss my ass.

Comments