Skip to main content

Sort of Calm

Last weekend was Mother's Day, and was way different from the last many of them.  Not to say it magically became amazing, but broke up a good lot of our routine.

My parents didn't go off to the cemetery this year, due to the rain, and instead opting to go on my grandma's birthday at the end of the month. 

Also, rather than our normal bbq where the menfolk are supposed to make everything but we wind up doing most of the work, we decided to make a giant prime rib and a ton of other food ourselves.  Wound up being much better food, and we didn't have to wait for anyone.

A lot of things have been breaking around the house, but nothing that wasn't a simple fix. 

I realized I only have a couple of sketches left for two new coloring books, which means mostly just inking and then all the formatting shit.  These are definitely going a lot faster, and I'm so happy about that.

There are a lot of other little things I'm making and working on an organizing, and they're all making progress.

Squishy is almost done with the school year.  She just finished her first year of standardized testing, and while she said she was a bit nervous over it, she also says she thinks she did well.  With the year coming to a close soon, she has a ton of stuff going on to juggle as well, and that means even more for me to keep track of.  Only a few more weeks though.

On Tuesday we bring Oliver to the shelter for his heartworm test.  If it comes up negative, it means we can finally stop borrowing him, and actually do the adoption paperwork.  Which means he only has a couple more days to make the final decision if he wants to permanently belong to us.  Mind you, I'm typing this as he's nested in a blanket while snuggled on my lap.  Pretty sure he's well and attached himself to me.

So, there's a lot going on right now, but it's moving along, and it's showing decent progress.  I need to manage juggling in some better self care in the meantime as well, but this isn't horrific.

Comments