Skip to main content

Reasons Why I Shouldn't Look at Social Media Part Two

A while ago, the same friend that has been full of so many other issues posted to Tumblr about it's fine to live off fast food if you work because you might be tired, and cooking for a family is hard.  That there's no problem with living off it, and no one should have to cook to feed themselves after taking care of loved ones.

Mind you, she, and her husband often have a completely empty house with no food when I stay there, live off junk food, and when she claims she's going to "cook" for a party or just to feed us there, it's a meatloaf.  Now, I have no problem with meatloaf, but that's all she makes.  Nothing else.  So we have small bowls of that, which are expected to keep us fed and happy for a weekend.  Oh, and if she makes breakfast, it's often bacon.  Yes, just bacon.

This is how she feeds guests.  In incredibly small amounts, and just with meat.  I leave there and crave vegetables for days.

And, she works from home.  There's no commute.  She also spends her time while working, making yarn and knitting for fun, or cleaning while she works.  Oh, that sounds really horrible and draining.  Her husband is the only other person there, and the way they live is starting to show in their health.  They're both in terribly shape, and need to make those changes.  But, y'know, it's fine that they feed themselves horribly.

Move to Kitty, who works more than full time hours and has to use mass transit to get to and from work in a city.  He has a constantly changing sleep schedule due to his spouse, which usually lies in the range of three to six hours at a shot.  He also takes care of the household, and tries to balance a social life for his own sanity.  When he gets home, he cooks more nights than he doesn't.  Makes extra for his lunches, and makes sure they are complete meals.  He however, enjoys cooking.

Then look at Lux, who also works a high stress and long houred job which he has to commute to, and then goes to the gym, because he wants to be healthy.  He tries to take care of his apartment, and have some amount of social life, and hates cooking.  He still does it a good amount of the time, because it's significantly better for him.

There is no excuse for not taking care of yourself.  Knowing how these basic things affects you is part of being a responsible adult, and if you can't knuckle down and take care of yourself, you shouldn't be taking care of someone else, or expect anyone else to take care of you.


Comments

  1. Taking care of yourself is super important. If you don't you feel like shit and get even LESS done. My favorite days off are where I have two in a row. One day to really screw around and revel in my sloth, and the other to cook, clean and be productive in the house. I always feel better for a week or two after a couple of days like that.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hate being a sloth during the day. I feel best when being active, and even have trouble just sitting to watch a tv show without something to work on. If at any point I'm without something to do and just need to sit, I feel like garbage after. The more I do with my day, and the better I take care of myself, the better I feel, and it is absolutely noticeable.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment