Skip to main content

Things

Because I want to try to focus on the positive more, I feel like the most important thing is to remind yourself to find joy in the smaller things, and use that to bring light to the shitty situations, instead of only surrounding yourself with negative.  And so, I feel like thinking about all the little things that make me super happy.


  • a good cup of coffee
  • a cigar after a long productive day
  • successfully doing something new for the first time
  • seeing a finished project
  • long car rides in spring
  • fresh fruit
  • smelling something cooking in the oven
  • a piece of really good dark chocolate
  • snuggling up and watching someone play video games
  • sitting down with a puzzle
  • having winding conversations that wind up being silly
  • discussing science and logic
  • going on an adventure
  • sitting in front of a fire
  • running around with friends
  • dancing around to fast music
  • listening to fun music and singing far too loudly
  • walking through old books stores
  • making food for, and taking care of loved ones
  • bringing happiness to others
  • a scorchingly hot shower in the afternoon
There's a lot of things that bring me happiness despite all the negative going on.  So long as I bring those things to the forefront, this year will be full of far more joy than I have felt.

Comments