Skip to main content

Unwanted Adventure

I'm feeling emotionally torn apart.  Between Lux, and Kitty right now, I have a lot of stuff taking up my energy.

Kitty has a primary that he lives with.  She is in the military for medicine, and is about to start her residency.  Well, she recently got her assignment.

They were expecting something that would have them relocating just about an hour away for it to be more convenient.  She had also interviewed near where her other partner lives, across the country, where she went to college, and near his brother, again on the west coast.  I wasn't the happiest about any of those, because they all put him farther away from me, and I do enjoy spending time with my kitty.

However, despite the planning, she was stationed somewhere else.  All the way down in Florida.  Where none of us know anyone to point them towards a social circle, or help them build a life.  And where Kitty has very little chance of finding a job in his field, or a good option for a masters program as a backup. 

They have six months to get set up until she has to start there.

And so, this soon after he becomes so important to me again, and where we actually feel comfortable expressing it properly, he is being taken further away from me.  I worry so much that it'll make him fall away, and that I'll lose him again. 

I know that if we've managed to get this far with the same attachment and stay together, nothing is going to tear us apart, but sometimes I am paranoid.  It always seems like only the toxic people stay around.


Comments

  1. That is such hard news. Hopefully the relocation won't be forever, or too long, and you can all make it work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. For at least four years, then moving around every year or so as they are reassigned for the rest of the military contract. He is pretty well determined that we're going to stay together, and I'm just as stubborn, which shows a lot of promise.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment