Skip to main content

Breaking Guilt

 For the first time in almost seven years of having this blog, I didn't post.  I didn't keep my schedule, didn't write, didn't look at it.

During the initial week or so, I felt guilty.  I wasn't keeping up with something that I hadn't taken any breaks from.  I had a perfect streak for so many years.  When it came down to it though, it had become something I had to do.  Something I had to wrack my brain for, which wasn't doing anything for me in the long run.  And when it became a thing of stress, it was no longer serving me, but doing the opposite.

Once the guilt subsided, and it sunk in that this was my own space, and I could come back to it whenever I wanted, or change what I was doing with it to how it would benefit me, I relaxed, and took the time I needed.

So, for a while I may only be posting once a week.  And that might just be the permanent change.  Something a little easier to keep up with, and now that I have more concepts and things happening floating around in my mind, this can go back to being a tool to help me process. 

Comments