Skip to main content

Uncommon Affection

So, yes, I'm the kind of person that enjoys a lot of snuggles with certain people. There are only a few people I actually enjoy having contact with, so when I find one, I tend to be very touchy-feely with them.

However, this is just me simply keeping myself normalized with contact, and isn't really a way of saying how I feel.  It keeps me calm, and has its own purposes, besides showing affection.

If that's the case, how can I possibly show I care about someone when more traditional affection serves a different function?  Well, I just show it a little differently.

Big surprise, I'm different!

I will remember details if I care about you.  Favorite flavors, candies and foods, or your clothing sizes, or any odd preferences you have.  I store them all, and remember them for whenever I might need to pull them out for anything as small as fixing your coffee for you, to being able to order for someone if they are running late, or need to make a phone call.  I can pick up last minute clothing without issues, and remember the right little surprises when you've had a bad day.  I pick up everything that gets mentioned, and it takes me forever to forget it.

I am seriously over-protective and territorial.  Seeing something upset you, or someone wronging you at all can send me into a full on blood rage.  I have become violent in the defense of loved ones, and protect them more than I do myself.  Mind you, they're free to do whatever they wish, and I honestly don't really feel any jealousy or competition with other people, but the minute they make an issue with the person I care about, they had better hope I never find them.  I already fear for the first person that breaks my daughter's heart.

You'll probably lose your name.  Instead of giving people titles, they wind up finding a new name that only I tend to call them.  Sometimes this takes a while to find, but once one sticks, that's it.  It's a form of affection for me, as so many people have their own things that they call me that so few other people do.

I nom on things I like.  Seriously.  If someone gives me a gift I like, it often goes right into my face.  If I nom on it further, it's like more affection.  This in public confuses the fuck out of others, unless they know what it means, because I will often lean over and just start chewing on someone I care about.  To be honest, I'm not sure where this came from, but it's not something that's ever been complained about, and I have no intention of changing it.

So yea, I will snuggle, and hug, but at the end of the day, it doesn't show much as far as actual affection goes.  Then you need to look for the weird things, and understand all the meaning behind them.

Comments