Skip to main content

Giving Thanks

As it is Thanksgiving, I thought today should be spent doing the obligatory post of everything the I am thankful for.

Positivity: I have far more positive influence in my life than I think I ever have.  I have this mix of people who have been around forever, people who have only grown close in the last couple years, and people who are newer to my life that encourage me and show such affection and love.

Dance: I am grateful for the ability to dance, and the fantastic experience it brings.  Being able to teach and spread what is essentially a language of movements, as well as being able to shake my ass around while cleaning, or spending time on stage, it has helped me build more body confidence, and be healthy.

Beast: The little beast teaches me so much, and truly is a little ball of squishy love.  She's at the age now where we actually discuss philosophy, and it's done with a clean slate of someone who hasn't been influenced by random things they hear.  She gives me the chance to run around and be silly (you know, with an excuse...) and someone to snuggle when I'm feeling down, even if it means tackling her to the ground.

Art: I've discovered the ability I have to learn the arts, and enjoy working with many mediums.  I love expressing myself by creating something physical, and giving someone the random things I make when I think of them.  It's part of that constant stimulation I need, while being able to help others, or just bring a smile to their face.

Words: I am a language nerd, and love reading as much as I possibly can.  Whether it be the random thoughts of friends, the pile of books I have to read, a textbook, a medical study, or bits of research done on a myriad of topics, I love taking in the written word.  It gives the opportunity to learn so much, which is something I crave.

There is also a small handful of people that I can't imagine not having in my life at this point.  They are so fantastic to me, and help me in more ways than they could ever realize.  They deserve far more care and affection than I remember to give.  In the meantime I will give the care I can to them, and hope that I can keep them in my life for as long as possible.

Comments