Skip to main content

Do I get a present?

So, while my last entry may have happened on Lux's birthday, today is mine!

Although to be honest, I tend to try not to acknowledge it.  Due to the amount of toxicity in my life, it's either been ignored, used against me, or just made into something that everyone involved should have known that I would hate.  I often say that my birthday is cursed, due to the sheer rarity of me even having a remotely decent day, no matter what the plans are.

In fact, one of the only times I can remember having a really happy birthday was my 17th, which I spent with Kitty and his ex, and we just hung out, and bbqed in their back yard.

It doesn't take a lot to make me happy.  More often than not, I don't want gifts, and if I do, it's something simple that I need.  Last year I asked for new sheets (which I like the super cheap t-shirt jersey cotton sheets). 

However, this year I've told everyone that I'm putting off my birthday for a week.  Why?  Because one week from now, I'll be going to my very first Pennsic.  I'll be spending a week with Lux, camping with friends, partying, learning a ton of new dance stuff, and helping a bunch of fighters.  It'll be an amazing experience, and I absolutely can't wait for it.


Comments