Skip to main content

Comfort

One of the things I found interesting at Pennsic, was the lower amount of people hitting on me than anticipated.  Sure, I'm probably just being my normal oblivious self, and there were actually a ton, and Lux being nearby likely had something to do with it.  However, most guys that approached me seemed to just want to talk, and hang out.

Women however, seemed to be all about trying to get up on me.  Lux was pointing it out to me several times, when women were about a half step shy from grabbing my head and smooshing it into their chests.  I'm not sure if they were looking for my approval before moving onto Lux (which, I'm a terrible wingman.  Just go hit on him, because I have no interest in their vagoo) or just wanted me, but either way, it hit points of being awkward with how hard they were trying.

I talked to Lux about it on the way home.  He said that it's a bad reason, but the "what happens at Pennsic, stays at Pennsic" mentality does exist.  Women can embrace bicuriosity, and chalk it up to a bad drunken night if it doesn't work out.  Likewise, this is an event where there is a lot of hooking up going on, so it wouldn't look odd.  There's also a massive collection of people that don't fit into the heterosexual category there, so they can feel far more comfortable letting themselves act on those thoughts and desires. 

In the middle of this discussion, I felt the need to say very simply "Sorry Pennsic, I am very comfortable with my heterosexuality." To which he laughed.  Sometimes, it catches people offguard with how completely straight I am, and to be unwaveringly so. 

Perhaps I just need to become better at telling when boys are interested, so I can hit on them more.  Because damn were there some pretty menfolk, and a bunch of them were fighters.  Then I have more boys to perv on in armor, and not just Lux.  Who gets a ton of attention from me in his kit, don't get me wrong, but I'm not going to complain about a surplus of sexy menfolk.


Comments