Skip to main content

A Difficult List

There was this thing on social media lately, where people are supposed to choose three fictional characters that they relate to/explain who they are.  A ton of people were posting it all around, and while I wanted to see what people thought of, I couldn't think of a list for myself.  I am in general someone who is very much only myself.  I'm weird, and proud of it, and it makes it hard for me to be really similar to anyone.

I posted it anyway, wondering what people would respond with.

One person posted a purple minion.  Yea, thanks asshat.  While that may have been a joke once, it actually doesn't relate to who I am at all.  Glad to hear that you have no idea about me.

Someone else said Karen Murphy from Dresden Files.  Which, while I wouldn't normally make that correlation, I do find a ton of similarities when I think about it.  I enjoy this comparison, for several reasons, and as such, I will put her on my list.

Well, then I kept thinking.  Three characters that make up me.  There's too many surface foils that seem like me, and have nothing to do with me over all.  After a few days though, of passing thoughts, I've made up my own list.

Moriarty
Karen Murphy
Eikichi Onizuka

Three characters, that when you take their most prevalent traits, you get me.  Someone intelligent, witty, devious, and highly sociopathic.  Someone small, stubborn, protective, and far stronger than anyone would ever give them credit for.  And someone who is just off enough that everyone sees them as a problem at first, but is simply being themselves, without censoring that for the comfort of conformity, and trying to be a good person in the process.

Yea.  That's me.  That right there.

Comments