Skip to main content

Made for it

Quite a while ago, Lux and I were talking about some of the effects of his being hurt by past partners.  How it affected us, and our dynamic.

And while yes, that hurt did cause our dynamic to change a lot, as well as take some steps back in several ways, Lux is the kind of person who thrives when he has multiple partners.  I've noticed a few times that when he has a pool of active partners, he tends to be more affectionate and connected and move further with all of them.  When it's just us, he's present and attentive, and I don't feel ignored in any way, but there is massive change when he has another partner there.

It's amazing in some ways.  To see how someone thrives as a partner, just by having someone else there.  And I know I'm not lacking in any way that I don't bring that out in him, but simply that he is wired in a way where he best fits into a open poly situation.

I'd need to ask Lux to be certain, but I feel as though it doesn't matter how many partners I have, and that so long as I have presence from whatever the number is, I tend to be very connected and caring to whoever is there.  I also don't necessarily feel drawn toward any particular thing.  I'm happy just having supportive people.

It's interesting, just seeing how one dynamic can cause another one to flourish.  It's a constant balance and there is always risk, but the reward is there, and that's the part to be grateful for.

Comments