Skip to main content

Narnia

So, I'm pretty open with the general public about the goings on in my life.  About kink, and poly, and gender, and all those things.  Obviously, I don't let it take over conversation with my vanilla friends, and am able to keep things professional and appropriate when needed, but I don't feel a need to hide that from every other aspect of my life.

At home though, I deal with listening to my parents spewing all the bigoted shit about how so many people who aren't almost completely heteronormative are broken, sick, looking for attention, or a thousand other things.  I listen to them reference things I identify with, and that they believe those people demented.  They tell me that because I don't have a stereotypical relationship, I'm being taken advantage of, and that I'm just being stupid.

And so even though I'm not gay, or trans, I'm in the closet at home, with so many aspects of my life.

It's stressful honestly, and I don't know how so many people do it with everyone for so many years of their lives.  I absolutely don't blame them for taking so long to trust people, and constantly worrying.

Because with them, and anyone they know I'm abusive, abused, and disturbed only because I like kink.

I'm a cheating horrible bitch of a homewrecker because I have more than one partner.

I'm looking for attention, and delusional because I'm agender.

But the fact that I have been abused is just because I'm a stupid piece of shit, not because I wasn't taught what healthy interaction is.

They prove my point just with that.

And this is why I try to explain so much to my daughter, because while I may not be able to tell her everything out of fear of my family finding out, she can become aware and accepting of that in others.


Comments