Skip to main content

Valid and Planning

The other day I was on a call with Kitty, and we were talking about how poor communication and jumping to decisions with unsafe people, and without having all the necessary information has gotten quite a few people in trouble over time lately, and how it's something that happens regardless someone's orientation.

And while Kitty definitely goes overkill on information with new partners, I've always thought it was standard courtesy and common sense with the things I shared.  Things about my body as far as flexibility goes, good and bad pain, important lines, and all such things.  He brought up about how that's a rare thing, even though it should be the standard.

A few days later, a friend tweeted about how she doesn't present or perform often, and how it doesn't make her any less valid in the scene.

It makes me consider all the things I could talk about in the scene.  About bottoming, and communication, and poly, pain management and processing, abuse, aftercare for tops, and a pile of other things on top of it.  I've thought about it in the past, and the more I realize the norm is a fairly high risk situation, I think maybe I need to start speaking up and help inspire safer and more careful habits.

I may not have much presence in the scene at the moment, but it doesn't mean I don't have that experience to speak on, and try to cultivate as many solid habits as possible.

And maybe I need to start sharing that.

Comments