Skip to main content

Creating to Share

While at Fusion, and a few times since, I've had a lot of requests for new classes, or making offshoots to classes I teach.

That means developing a lot of new things over the coming months, and while some of these are still physical movement classes which I get compliments on my teaching methods, it also means developing lectures, which I'm not so used to presenting.

It's interesting, thinking about making the notes for these classes.  Learning to fill an hour plus of lecture, without breaks for practice or drills, is not something I have a lot of experience with.

This is something I wanted though.  I had wanted to start presenting in the kink scene, and bringing new information in that doesn't seem to be present in most classes.

The whole class creation thing is a bit of a project.  For my movement classes, it isn't hard to just go through my vocabulary, apply relevance, and make a list of things to cover what I want.  There are often times when I have to trim down what I cover to fit the time slot of a class.

This though.  This needs me to discuss things consistently.  I need to be able to speak in a way that's easily digested for an extended period of time, and that is a bit intimidating right now.

I have time though.  Time to sit and tweak the content.  Time to make sure I can present these classes comfortably, and be as thorough as I like to be.

I have a feeling in the next year or so, I'm going to be doing a lot more for the scene, and that might be a good thing.

Comments