Skip to main content

Introspection

I've had a lot of conversations about gender lately.  With people who are nonbinary, are in relationships with nonbinary folks, and how others feel about nonbinary folks.

And ofcourse, it has me thinking.

If I was hardpressed, I'm probably somewhere on the scale of being Agender.  And while this is likely surprising to people because I don't talk about it, it likely makes sense to them.

I have no real problem saying that I am genetically female.  I've got female sex characteristics, and that's cool.  She/Her pronouns are fine, and have never bothered me.  They fit my appearance, which is no problem.

However, calling myself a "girl" or a "woman" never really feels like it fits.  Feminine titles seem wrong in a way, and in fact, I've had conversations with people that masculine ones feel more suited to me.

I don't really feel like a boy either though.

And their isn't any fluctuation.  I'm just always statically me.  No guessing, no flux in what I feel to identify more with.  There really isn't any time when I feel more feminine or masculine, and I pick clothes just depending on what I'm doing that day.

Rather than feeling like a boy or a girl, I feel like a Loki.

Can that be a gender?

Yea, fuck fitting into the box of being a girl or a boy.  I'm just a Loki.

Comments