Skip to main content

Wiggliness

This is my last post that I prepped before heading to Fusion, and since I'm writing this up so close to going, I've had plenty of time to talk about, and think about the event prior to, and all the emotions leading up to it.

Lux and I have talked several times about our feelings in regards to camp.  We've had a lot of issues with registrations and such given my being staff, and Lux being... called dibs on as a strong pretty menfolk helper.  It's been a bit of frustration, but not something that can slow us down.

We're both excited.  It's a new thing for us both, we each have plans, and are getting to see people and do things we haven't in a while.  We are used to going to events together, and each doing our own thing, and making sure to spend time with the other.  It's something we've just been able to do, and that works really well for us. 

We're also worried.  It being so new, we don't quite know how this event will work for us in particular.  We don't know how comfortable we'll be with things, and that we'll be able to balance everything.  We're worried about the other feeling left out since we both have our own plans.

I'm worried about my classes, and performances.  About how the cabin will go, and how Lux and I will do with sharing space.  I'm worried he will have a poor situation while I'm with the fire team, and try to cover up and I'll come back when he could have used me there.  I'm worried I'll be in those situations where I need to stop someone.

Lux is worried about upsetting people.  About dealing with his exes, and about balancing me, and making sure I'm comfortable with his scenes he has plans.  He's worried about me being ok in general.

It's a new event though, and that means we have a lot of learning to do.  And by the time you see my next post, I'll be home and you'll be hearing about what wound up happening.

Comments