Skip to main content

Tired of Feminism

DISCLAIMER: Angry rant time.

Ready?  Here we go!

My facebook has been full today of people posting links to articles about misogyny, feminism, and rape culture.  I read them, because I want to see women fighting for what they believe in.

And then I just get pissed.

They fight generalized statements with ones of their own, and it's such complete bullshit that it makes me want to crack skulls until I knock sense into them.

I am a strong, determined, and intelligent woman.  I will fight to my end over something if I feel it is right, and won't back down from anyone.  If I'm ever told I can't do something, I will kill myself learning, just to prove them wrong.

I am not a feminist.
I will never claim to be.

All of the scenarios I read about of blanket statements of misogyny?  I know and have seen the examples that make some people claim them.  Nothing is just a figment of imagination, for any gender.  We've all been fucked up by our interactions with others, and it's our own job to just keep going on with our lives, and learn from them, trying to become a stronger, and wiser person in the process.  This is what happens when we risk going out into the world every day.

And yes, some people are just sexist dickwads.  They were probably raised that way, or they've had enough people try to treat them like a sugar daddy that this is how they now expect women to be.  Just don't associate with them.  Don't say men are like that as a whole, say he is like that as a person.

Some women do withhold sex from men just because they want to see what they can get from them.  These people are manipulative assholes, and it's the man's job to realize a set of tits is not worth killing yourself over if they just see your wallet, and get the fuck out of dodge.  She is one woman, and not the kind that is worth your time.

I don't believe in "Rape culture".  Creepers gonna creep, and rapists are gonna rape.  It doesn't matter what you wear, or say, or do, they will justify it to themselves to make it seem right.  It's up to us to notice the creeper vibe early, and know who to associate with, and who not to.  Most cases the victim knows the rapist.  Either they should have paid enough attention to realize this person would be disrespectful, or putting off a fake vibe, or known them well enough to see that they are capable of it.

As for women crying rape.  This happens.  I've seen it, and it's sent me into a blood rage (Cue Brujah frenzy).  I've been accused of it, but that was by my ex, and it was his way of trying to justify the rape to himself, so he could feel like his conscience was clear.  People can regret what they do, and start pointing fingers everywhere else to feel better.  It's something we're almost conditioned to do, laying the blame on an outside source, so we don't have to acknowledge our own faults.

We are all people, and we're all fucked up in our own unique way.  The point is not to see broad gender specific accusations, but see faults in others as we do ourselves, reflect upon them, and decide what to do with them as a person.

And all this, from a sociopath who sees people as lab rats.  If I can do it, anyone can.

Comments