Skip to main content

100 Posts Later

Well, since this is my hundredth post to this blog, and it's right around the one year mark, I figure a real update is appropriate.

Things have finally calmed down now that all the holidays and birthdays are done.  Now I can focus on learning, and making, and getting myself into a much healthier situation, both physically and psychologically.

I've definitely formed the habit of working out every day that I can.  My body is changing, I find myself with more energy, and my flexibility and strength are improving.  It's greatly helping my body image issues to quiet down, and helps my mood a lot over all.  It's also encouraging me to eat better, and not have junk food or huge portions that will bog me down.  Finally, the kick in the ass that I apparently needed to give myself.

Lux, Nessa and I are off to a convention for Valentine's Day, and it has me plotting all sorts of things.  I want to print out lots of cute cards, and make cookies, and pack super cute outfits, and cause lots of mischief and make it a fantastic time for us all.  After the clusterfuck last year, I really need to make sure Lux has a better time this year.

I've been feeling incredibly inspired to make things, and have been pushing out some really beautiful and creative projects lately.  It's incredibly helpful for keeping me in a better mood, despite my living situation.

My parents at this point are the only thing dragging me down.  They continue to treat me like garbage, and I've realized that they are simply not able to be a part of my life if I want something close to a healthy and happy home life.

On a brighter note though, last weekend I finally got to spend some time with a few friends of mine, and it was a calm and relaxing couple of days that I needed.  Just a quick change of scenery to help me get my thoughts straight.  Lux showed up, so I also got much needed snuggles, even if it wasn't while we slept due to a crack in the bed in the guest room (It always eats someone, no matter how hard you try to avoid it).

Things are improving, and I'm determined to keep this upward climb going.

Comments