Skip to main content

Silliness, and distractions

So, I went to Wicked Faire last weekend, despite having no intention of going.  I also wound up getting snowed into the hotel, along with all of my performer friends who had intended on leaving.
Which meant that I stayed far longer than I normally would have, and got to see the entire con go a little insane.

While the last concert of the evening was going on, music was playing outside.  This new venue has a large central hub type area, where some rooms even have balconies overlooking the space.  It's really quite beautiful.

Music may have turned into a silly dance party.

Which then may have turned into Journey.  When everyone came out of their rooms.  And started singing together.

Yes, an entire con full of people, all singing and dancing in one giant karaoke type ruckus.  The only word to describe it was magical.

With everyone still singing, I was supposed to go play with a friend, who was interested in actually getting to unload and beat me up.  He borrowed a room for a while, and we went off.
Except I was essentially high off everyone singing, and couldn't stop giggling.  We wound up having a conversation of total randomness instead of playing at all.

And we had no issues with it.  We both giggled, and bonded, and had a good time.  And that's kind of the purpose of play right?  I don't care what I do with a person.  I don't care if we have an intense session, or some light play, or just giggle and snuggle, I'm still enjoying the time I have with them, and that's the important part.  I hear so many people bitching about how they never get to play with their partners, and only have sex, or only ever curl up on the couch.  I immediately ask them if in those moments, they are happy with what they're doing.  If they are, then they shouldn't complain.  Maybe they do need to both make the effort to push back into the habit of play, but if what they are doing makes them happy, then it should be enough.
Things will be gotten to.  We have nothing but time.

Comments

  1. There is something magical in moments like that. I think it takes a certain crowd of people for that sort of magic to happen. Wicked definitely attracts such a crowd. I'm sorry I missed it!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment