Skip to main content

Further Adventures While Listening to Nerds

Unsurprisingly, while Lux was streaming the other day, I was sending fun little things to him and our friends.

At one point, in the middle of the raid they were on, while dying a few times, I sent a snarky thing to Lux.  When he found it, he made sure to tell everyone he was playing with, obviously just seeing it as our normal routine of behaviors, and treating it that way.

Not having as much knowledge of us together, one of them comments "Is there some way you can punish and correct that behavior?  I'm sure between all of us, we could help bounce ideas and figure something out."

Lux is quiet, as everyone giggles over both my comment, and in agreement of the correction.

Meanwhile, far away from any microphones, I am laughing so hard my face hurts.  Something they'd probably all see as defiantly bratty, confident in the fact that people don't stop me from being me, and that includes my snarky troublemaking behavior.

It was a small moment that acted as a great reminder of the dynamic I do have with Lux.  That I'm encouraged to just be me, and that if he needs me to tone down the snark, he can ask, but it almost works for me as a way of checking in.  If I stop making jokes and poking fun, my mind is in a poor space, or something is wrong.  I'm never told to not do something if it's just a part of who I am though.

And at the same time, even without the picture perfect idea of behavior, we have a strong and valid form of power exchange.  He knows he's in charge, and we don't need micro-managed power exchange to keep that, and I know he would much rather have a partner who isn't afraid to act the way they want, rather than have partners who are told to act very specifically, because it takes the personal dynamic away from it.

I don't get stopped from being me, no matter what domly doms I'm friends with.  Sometimes, other domly folks are silly.

Comments