Skip to main content

Creating Better

 I haven't gotten to talk a lot on just general update things in a while, because I was pre-writing entries.

And oof, there's been a lot, and much of it is pretty good.

I've been able to stick to working out almost every day, and I've noticed myself making progress with a lot of things.  I have more energy in my day, and it helps me focus and feel better.  Likewise, it's helping me build a small bit of muscle, and get into better shape.  Trying to drop weight has slowed to a crawl, but overall I'm feeling better about my body.

And on the idea of getting into better shape, I've started helping my friend Scar with her attempt to get healthier as well.  She was trying to go way too hard in the beginning, and it didn't stick for the most part, but I've been putting together personal workout sessions that will teach her belly dance, as well as be functional physical therapy, and encourage more movement into her day.  She's enjoying, and refused to do the sessions without paying me, so I'm just charging her for notes she can use.

She also has an online store, and offered to start selling my chainmail.  I spent about a week weaving almost every ring I had stashed, and so I have a box full of jewelry to sell, and intend to order more rings, and continue making things by the end of the month.  I'm hoping that it starts being popular, and helps us both out.

I'm also making some random pieces, one of which is a massive piece that Dansa is paying me for.  It's more detail than I've done in a long time, which is reminding me how much I enjoy doing large finished pieces after just making so much lineart for so long.

Overall, I have a lot of decent things, and I'm making good progress on myself.  Hopefully this all continues, and I can make the end of this pandemic into a hell of a year for me.

Comments