Skip to main content

Making Steps

 As of last weekend, my covid vaccine is cooked and in effect.  I'm now feeling ready to go and do some more things that haven't been safe for the last year plus, while still being careful to protect everyone else.  I'm looking forward to soon seeing some people I've missed, and having more options in front of me to be able to hug friends again.

I'm looking forward to finding out when Squishy will be able to get her vaccine, and we are both hoping she'll be able to get at least one shot before the next school year begins.  She's been feeling a little disappointed about not being able to get vaccinated herself, which I appreciate.  While my parents may not take any of this seriously, even still, she finally has been on quite a few things, which is good.

Likewise, with my father being in the hospital, he was told that he wasn't in good enough shape to get the vaccine right away.  This week he is supposed to meet with his doctor, and he'll find out if he can get his as well.  I suppose I will be able to consider it a birthday gift if the entire house can be vaccinated by then, because I doubt they'd magically start doing anything for me anytime soon.

And on that note, it was also mother's day during the weekend.  A holiday that I've honestly never enjoyed, both before, and since becoming a mom.  Keeping up with the apparent tradition, this year Squishy was practically going out of her way to be difficult, and despite having an idea of what I wanted to do with the day, I wound up throwing all that out due to other things happening.  I wound up more stressed than I had been in an evening in a while.

Need to look at the good things that are happening though, because spiraling on the bad does me nothing but harm.

Comments