Skip to main content

Guilt and Creation

 I think I've mentioned lately that I'm making a lot more things.  My books for the entire year are nearly done, and so I'm taking on more things that have me creating again.  

My friend Scar, who I recently took on as a student has a store where she sells some wellness products, metaphysical goodies, and a handful of other things has said that she'll sell my chainmail, as well as potentially other things as well.  We worked out a consignment price, and just using the rings I had on hand, made her more than she said she would be able to display at a single event.

I've also been doing some freelance art, which has me working with mediums that I haven't gotten to in a long time.

It has me busy, which is a good thing, but certainly at a point where I'm taking on as much as I can, with all the other things happening right now.  I'm still motivated and inspired, but at the same time, I feel like I need to be constantly working on something.  When I'm not actively building, writing, or creating something, I start to feel guilty, like I should be spending every moment of the day on some sort of art.

It's hard to remind myself to take time off in times like this.  I want to make things, and I have ideas.  At the same time, I know that I don't want to burn out, and that there are other things that I can do to help myself in the long run.

Like with everything, there's balance to find, but this one is especially hard.

Comments