Skip to main content

Digging it Out

 I noticed myself feeling a certain way after visiting Dansa, and having Scar visit.  I had finished my books for the year, after drawing and editing like mad.  I had then hopped onto making chainmail, which had me working through thousands of rings in just a few days.

I was burning out on creating things, and wanted to put those down, but know that I need some sort of projects to work on or I start feeling a bit crappy as well.

Well, Squishy left and I started cleaning through my room.  A heavy deep clean through all of my things, and sorting everything out that had found the wrong home.  In looking about, I wound up finding more of my supplies.  This time, some mohair that I had intended to give to Pyre to dye, as well as all my cord and embroidery thread.

It reminded me of how much I do, and how much I make.  I decided to make a collection of kumihimo pieces, and made a small shawl in hopes of selling it soon.  Seeing it also made me remember the needlepoint projects that I had on deck to do at some point, which had been pushed aside and forgotten.

Playing with so many mediums, and juggling many things has been helpful.  Rather than burning out on one thing by doing it to death, I'm able to start a handful of projects, and hop around, feeling inspired and excited, rather than dragged down.

Making so many things helps me want to continue creating.  Those breaks from mediums gives me more ideas on things that I want to make once I come back to them.  It means I want to keep creating, and never wind up in that spiral of not being able to make anything.

Comments