Skip to main content

Poorly Hidden

 Normally every Thursday I have a call with Pyre.  We catch up, and be silly, and use that time to make sure we still have contact with others.  The day of the week has changed over time, but we manage to make it happen even though we take breaks once in a while.

I messaged her one week, to make sure we were still good for our video date, and she says she's at Kitty's place for the weekend.  I ask a legitimate question, knowing about some things, and she mentions it being a birthday party for Kitty, and lots of people showing up.  We talked about some manner of things that might be difficult, and that was about it.

But then I realized how many times Scar could have said, when she was here two days prior, that something was happening.  She skirted around it every time, some more awkwardly than others.

And, it's not that I'm upset over not being invited.  I wouldn't ever expect to be invited to the party of someone I've dumped, especially recently.  I'm not usually the sort to get butthurt over things like that anyway.  However, feeling like things are being kept from me, or planned around me is difficult.  It creates a feeling like things are always going to be done behind my back, or people picking sides in a way that is far more hurtful from just being told "Hey, it's a little fresh, so let's sit this one out."

I've had a word after the weekend, and things seem to be good though, so I'm hoping there's less difficulty in the future.  I even offered to help with things if I'm not attending something, so maybe that'll give things the chance to sink in that there's no real hard feelings.

Weird shakeups, but trying to go about it in the most mature way possible.



Comments