Skip to main content

Stay Spooky

 Normally this week, I would want to try to spend time with Lux, and I do, but with him dealing with some things, he didn't have the spoons to have me there for a week and take care of planning and such.  Not wanting to lose out on seeing someone during Halloween weekend, I wanted to still do something.  Puppy asked about my availability in the next few weeks, so we decided to spend the last weekend together, because we both needed some calm hangout time with things going on, or things that will happen.

So on a rainy night, we made the trek back out to Philly again.  We had no real plans, just that we wanted to have some drinks, he had school work to do, and we would relax together.

He asked if I wanted to go do anything for Halloween, and I told him that I still wasn't comfortable with big gatherings yet, especially out where people would potentially be unmasked.  Top that with the number of accidents we saw on our way back from grabbing bagels, and we were quite happy staying in.  We wound up picking up Until Dawn, which I let Puppy make the decisions through, and we made toddies.  It was quiet, and silly, and it was fun distracting him from the game while he was curled up in my lap.

I did laugh at him while he kept losing or dropping things all day, and when he called me out on it being a smart ass day, I asked if we had any other sort, it stopped him in his tracks a little, because we've always existed in a place of playful snark, never harmful, and then he agreed with me.

It certainly had some moments that weren't great, but they're small in the scheme of things, and easily handled.

Slowly, I'm actually letting him know how my world works, and without him realizing, he tells me where he's at, and I'm glad we are building a friendship again.

Comments