Skip to main content

Drag and Drive

 The beginning of this year was tough for me.  I made sure to be fairly ahead on everything coming into the holidays, but only had a small buffer as we rolled into the new year.  That meant having to work with everything I have my hands in to ensure I could keep the space I prefer to.  It lead to me feeling very overwhelmed and anxious about everything I was doing, and everything new that I wanted to take on in the coming year, especially when also juggling the mental aspects of what has been going on.

It's difficult sometimes, knowing that once I do get ahead, I will have the time for everything I want to do, including all the projects I intend to take on.  And I know I try to keep a larger buffer for everything than most people, considering I've been trying to have things finished through all of winter by the end of this month.  But getting there when I had used up all my previous work is tough, and I don't want to be constantly trying to keep everything afloat and barely up to date.

Despite it all though, I'm feeling the drive and inspiration to keep up and get ahead.  I'm being realistic with what I can do without burning out, and managing to build that buffer up again as well as possible.  If all goes well, by spring I'll be launching several things at once, and they'll all be things that are fairly passive once they do become accessible.

That's the goal for a lot of things really.  To be able to put things somewhere that involves less work on my part once it's made up and done, and allows me to be more focused on the creative sides of things.  Luckily, the majority of what I'm doing will be able to do that, and hell, if things work out to the point where I need to, anything that isn't completely passive I could even eventually hire someone to do.

Which is a really motivating idea to get to.  To hit the point where not only can I support myself and Squishy the way I want to, but also someone else.  Things to think about, and goals to hit.

Comments