Skip to main content

Catching Stride

 It took a few weeks after traveling, honestly.  With trying to get everything as caught up and ahead as it needed to be, and juggling preparation for a major trip, I was constantly working at my maximum for the weeks leading up to Israel.  Then while I had intended to get some things done, I only worked for maybe two hours total in those two weeks, along with the frantically changing plans due to things happening as soon as we were back in the states.

The first week back was a hobble of a return to routine.  I was doing the things I needed to do, sure.  I got Squishy off to school every day, but jet lag had me getting tired early.  Anything that had a deadline was being met, but anything extra in those beginning days, I just didn't have the energy for.  Luckily, I had prepared for that, and was ahead on as much as possible for the entirety of May.  Knowing I'd only have about a week home before another night at Rabbit's and having to do some prep for his birthday didn't quite help me, as well as giving a hand to my parents for their trip away.

And once they were gone, while part of me was just enjoying the quiet, I got back to doing the extras.  I started some personal crochet for the first time this year.  With how quiet it was, recording was a prime option, and I'm far enough ahead, that I can record whatever I want out of the last few things for the year.  Along with that, the inspiration brought on by my relationship with Rabbit had me looking into new writing venues, and so I've been trying to write about a thousand words a day on any of the platforms and options I have, which keeps a good pace to stay caught up.  I'm getting more things set and ready for the coming weeks and months, in order to make the summer a little easier with any travel planned.

Which, I was looking at some other options for organization.  Right now, I'm still using only one singular planner that I designed.  Given all the things I juggle at this point, and being at different levels of preparedness with all of them, and trying to help Rabbit learn some organization, it's a lot to juggle in one little book.  This month in particular also holds a lot to do, with the end of the school year, and sending Squishy off for a long visit with her father to learn that living with him won't magically become a perfect situation.  I plan on spending a good chunk of that time when she's gone at Rabbit's, which will be helpful for both of us, but there are some things that work better if I build the skeleton of it home.

One good thing that has happened, and makes me feel more productive in a lot of ways, is that a few days after getting home, I did a run of the thrift stores.  I didn't find a whole lot of different treasures, but I got a veritable haul of books.  Almost a dozen new books, including some linen bound ones, and a few I've been meaning to read, for less than ten dollars.  It has me reading some every day, and if not consuming books, I'm doing more to make a dent in the shows I've been wanting to get through, and some of the smaller games I've just had sitting and waiting.  I'm absorbing more, and it's helping my motivation to do more of everything.  Part of me contemplates that side blog that I wanted to do a few years ago again.  The collection of the new things I try, or even retry, and some commentary of them.  I'll give it a few weeks, and see how it still feels should I slow down with the incoming long visit away.

Given the pace that I was at with balancing things, I'm not quite juggling the same number of things I was prior to leaving the country, but I'm definitely getting there.  I'm feeling good, and know that I have more time to fit in everything.  All the things I do will fit into place with time, especially with how much of a cushion I gave myself upon being home.  I'm still not quite at a jog yet, but I'm no longer at a hobble, and walking along comfortably.

Comments