Skip to main content

Abhorrent Behavior and Silver Linings

 Things have been difficult at best not between Rabbit and I, but in our homes.  He's had his back injury, and some poor health choices that lead to him getting bells palsy, which is slow going on the healing front.  To top things off, his previous roommate who was the source of a ton of problems, brought fleas into the house, and didn't mention it until everyone was getting bit.  We tried some at home solutions, and while I was there was sticking to them and maintaining it, but as soon as I left it wasn't kept up with the same way and didn't go so well.

Rabbit eventually called Terminix, and got a monthly estimate.  For the first appointment, they were six hours late, without notice.  It helped upstairs, but unfortunately, they didn't do the necessary post-care, and it didn't do anything where the issue was the worst.  He scheduled a second appointment, and they just never showed up, without any notice.  Rabbit tried to reschedule, and they couldn't get him in for almost a week.  When he did get an appointment, he was finally told of a bunch of extra charges that existed for the treatments, on top of the monthly fee.  Oh, and he was charged for the appointment they didn't even show up for.  

Finally, he called and threatened a lawsuit and to report them to the better business bureau, and he got in touch with the branch manager.  Within twenty minutes, he came over himself and sprayed the downstairs so that Rabbit didn't even have to leave, didn't charge him anything, and cancelled the charge for the missed appointment.  This meant that he didn't have to sit around any longer, and we didn't have to move the week around for things up in the air.  He also knows how to take care of things after the fact, so the problem can actually be solved.

On my end, I've had more than a bit of stress that actually lead to me not sleeping one night due to waking up near hourly with different versions of the same anxiety dream.  Shortly before my alarm was supposed to go off, I woke up and couldn't decide whether to just get out of bed or not.  While going through a few things on my phone, I checked etsy and saw that my account had been suspended.  This had already happened once in January of this year, and again, there was no notice as to why, or anything explaining any sort of reasoning.  I filed for an appeal, stating that I didn't know why my account was suspended, had no idea what needed to be fixed, and received no notice of explanation.  Two days later I got an email saying that my store wouldn't be reinstated, and they refused to respond to anything further about the issue.

I was rightfully pissed.  They have the biggest indie marketplace online, and while people push out a hundred AI created listings a day for print on demand products, just following what an app says is trendy so there's zero human work involved, people who are actually putting emotion, effort, and time into making products are being shut down.  I barely slept that night because I was too wound up from all of it.  I had some options of things to do, and knew it would take a lot of work.

When I woke up the next day though, I started thinking about all of it.  While yes, it would take a lot of work for a couple of weeks to set it all up, it would potentially allow me to have even more revenue streams, and give me more time to work on all of them.  By just losing one store, I would be able to take on two more things, one of which didn't have the constant forced algorithm of posting daily, and instead I could take my time with things, and have most stuff prepped to go at the press of a button for when I didn't have time to create, prepare, and really put in the work.

It's giving me a lot of hope.  I feel ready to take on this new workflow, and I'm excited to see how much better I do without the treadmill of etsy dragging me down.

While things were not great, and definitely causing some mental harm, they're getting better.  There's always the other side of a dark patch.

Comments