Skip to main content

Rearranging Energy

 Since coming back from my last long visit to Rabbit's, there has been a lot going on, but also a return to routine with the school year starting.  It's been helpful in a lot of ways because it gives me some set time to get work done, and get through everything on my list, rather than just trying to cram things in while everyone is demanding my time.

And because of that, I can get more done, and really sort out all of my priorities, as well as look at the things that will be more worth my time in the coming weeks and months.  When I know I have set time to do things, I can often get what would three weeks worth of work while at Rabbit's place all done in four days at home.

So with that, I've managed in the first few weeks of September to get my youtube channel set for the rest of the calendar year.  All the audio is done, and the videos are rendered and uploaded.  It's a major thing off my list, and I have the beginning of the year planned in a way that will make it relatively hands off for the first few months of the year.  Likewise, I have my graphic designs done for the rest of the year, and am already working on next year.  I just need to upload all of them as necessary, and even have some of my digital extras done, with plenty of time to do the other ones I want to make before the end of the year.

I'm getting more writing done as I can focus on it, but am fairly caught up or even ahead where I need to be.  This is useful because with so much going on in real life, it's been tough to focus through hundreds of words.

But there's a lot that I want to take on too.  I'm thinking of adding redbubble as a store for my designs.  It'll be one more venue to offer them, and requires little more extra work from me at the end of the day.  Likewise, I'm going back and forth about paying for medium partnership because I don't know if I'll make the money back, or if it'll just be a sink of funds.  It's a big debate, especially after losing a paid client.

I also want to be able to put time into posting everything I do to instagram as well.  Not only to announce everything that I do, but also to finally post my crochet and chainmail up for sale on my own.  I have so many things I've made just sitting here, and they can go to homes where they'll be used and loved and can likewise bring some money in to help with the difference of losing paid clients.  I found a scheduler that I can use for free, but it's tough to find the motivation to start using it unfortunately.

On top of all of it, I'm contemplating something akin to a vlog, but more self recorded b-roll, and then just recording my own thoughts on things going on, or what I'm learning in my relationship, and all of that.  I've thought about making it as short form content, but I also know long form has a better shelf life, and it may provide more help to others in the long run.  Luckily, I have time to decide on that one.

My energy is going to many places, but I've finally really gotten the hang of this, and I can take on more.

Comments