Skip to main content

Sappy crap ahead

A few months ago I talked about kitty.  My best friend through many of my formative years, who held my hand, and I held his, until he chose to side with a girl he was with, in an attempt to stubborn through and make a relationship succeed after his failed marriage.

Well, they broke up, he has realized that he is not meant for stubborning his way through monogamy for the picket fence dream, and has found partners who are more accepting of him, and the past we have.

And yes, that means he has started talking to me again.  We've caught up just enough to be up to speed on current goings on, but it's like we were never really gone.  Do I even need to mention how fantastic this is?  It only took him five minutes to say how much he missed talking with me, and how much better he feels after contacting me.

So, now for the super sappy crap that probably no one will feel like reading.

I don't believe in "true" love.  I don't believe in love at first sight.  I do believe in soul mates, but that there isn't just one for everyone.  You can meet them at different points in your life, and you may find two, or twenty, and they may only be in your life for a day or a decade, or until you die.

They are the people who walk into your life and make you feel calm.  Those people who you can babble nonsense to, and they'll understand every bit of it, and know exactly what it means is happening with you.  The ones who just settle into a place in your life, and they're stuck there forever.  It doesn't matter if they leave, and come back a year later, they just settle right back in and it's like nothing changed, and peace is created again.

Kitty is one of those for me, and I learned that a long time ago.  And while we'd kill each other if we ever dated, we'll create the peace and aid in each other's lives that we both need in whatever ways we can, and love every minute of it.

And no, this isn't me saying I'm magically poly now.  While I might have a really difficult time figuring out whether to snuggle Lux or Kitty if they were in the same room, it doesn't change any of my current feels, and I'm very happy with things being that way. 

My home may be toxic, but outside, I could not feel luckier for the people I have in my life.


Comments