Skip to main content

A Very Different Trip

I'm home from Pennsic, and this year was really fantastic.  Lux and I had a much better time than last year, and I felt far more comfortable over all.  Things moved a lot more smoothly, and it was a load of fun.

My class went well, and I got in a lot of other solid classes.  Only one was a little disappointing, but the rest were all super fun and I picked up a few cute new things.  Unfortunately, we didn't spend anywhere near as much time at parties this year, so straight up dancing time was a lot lower than last year, but we still had fun nonetheless.

The weather kicked everyone's ass.  It was so hot and humid that they were cancelling the heavy battles, and people were dropping left and right.  Most afternoons Lux and I would just lay next to each other, wanting to show affection, but avoiding contact.  The phrase "Don't touch me" became a joke for a few days, due to how gross it was.  With the exception of the first night, when we were clinging to each other for warmth, we were sleeping with the least layers possible, because even at night it felt disgusting.

I never felt super sore from all the walking and dancing this year.  I feel like this is partially due to the amount of dancing I've been doing from home, and because of the lesser amount of parties.  Either way, it makes me happy.

My beating from a friend got cut short, but he never actually used enough force for me to feel it.  I was regularly glancing at Lux during it, and making faces, wondering quietly when he would start actually trying to put some work into it.  Lux at one point during the week, before getting ready to go out for the evening, even though I'm sweaty and a wuss at the time, just tried to get wrap shots on the same spot until I acknowledged it hurting.  It only barely sucked, and I wish it had been more of a beating, but still way more than what our friend did.

What I did get a bunch of time in with though, was rope.  Murphy Blue asked people to help him train for the next couple months, and I answered the call.  As such, I spent a lot of time up in the air, and doing all sorts of neat things.  We talked a lot, and started becoming friends, and before the end of the week, Lux went up in the air in the yurt as well, which was the coolest ever!

Overall, this week was awesome, and I can't wait to write more about it.





Comments