Skip to main content

A Massive Step

I'm so fucking excited. 

Drawing has always been a hobby of mine.  My walls have always been covered in art, and while I know I'm too hard on myself, people always tell me that my art is good.  While drawing was something I loved, I always told myself that if I turned it into a job, it would stop being something I loved, something fun, something I could relax with.  I was so afraid that it would just become work, and become draining.

Well, with the shit my family pushes on me, and general situations over time, even with some small opportunity I'd had things taken from me, been put into impossible situations, and learned to hate the idea of asking for anything, because empty promises became my normal.

Apparently at some point self publishing became really easy though.  And something it only took your own initiative to do.

And fuck all if I don't have the drive to try something to get past where I am.

And so after falling into probably some of the darkest mental places, the worst art block I've had, and giving myself some serious kicks in the ass, I took a huge step toward the future.

I'm now a published artist.

I have a coloring book available to the world.  It's only a small 30 page book, but I have plans for so much more.  I almost don't even care if it sells because of everything I had to deal with to get this out there, even though anyone who does get it won't ever know.  Hopefully this builds into something and I can prove that teenage idea I had wrong.

Some of us are meant to create, and I'm finally making steps there.

Comments

Post a Comment