Skip to main content

A Scare

 My parents unfortunately, despite their ignorant claims, still aren't really taking things seriously with the pandemic that it still going on.  While I am keeping tabs on numbers, and trying to be careful as often as I can, it also means having to yell at my mom not to just behave as though life is normal.

And I hope that recently, we got a scare that will make at least her be more responsible.

Two days after the birthday weekend, we got a call from my brother.  He had found out that his boss's father, who just hangs out in the shop all the time, came in while exhibiting symptoms over the weekend, and discovered that he was covid positive.  My brother had gotten a test, and wouldn't know his own status for a few days.  Which meant we had to stay in, alert the other people who were here to do the same, and prepare for the possibility that we may have gotten covid.

Luckily, my brother's test came back negative which meant that either we weren't exposed, or if he tested too early, he wouldn't have been contagious yet, so we were safe either way.

Still though, even though we managed to avoid it this time, I hope it shows them that we need to be more serious about who comes into the house, or who we are around.  That this pandemic is still happening, and in many ways worse than it was a year ago.

And while they whine about how they feel trapped, and aren't able to do things, they're acting closer to normal than Squishy or I have this entire time.

I can't wait for the vaccine to be more widely available.  And honestly, it should become mandatory for the majority of cases.

Comments