Skip to main content

Building More

 I mentioned previously that I'm finally trying to reach out and do more social things outside of the occasional single person calls.  Not just private ones, but actually attending social events online.

It's sometimes difficult to figure out what ones I can attend with Squishy home, but not as difficult as I had thought it would be overall.  And while I know many of the people in these gatherings, many of them aren't people I have long conversations with, or talk to much outside of events.

So in many ways, these are becoming beneficial for me.  I'm spending time with newer people to develop new connections and friendships that I don't get to with just going to camp.  These online events also give me opportunities that I wouldn't normally have since I'm also a few hours away from any of where these gatherings would have been in person.  And it gives me the chance to recharge socially, which I've been having trouble with.

To top it off, I feel like there's starting to be more of these gatherings now that everyone has sort of gotten the hang of doing them, which means there's more chances, and possibly smaller numbers overall.  With time, I can figure out the right balance for me, and manage to keep time with people at regular intervals.

Here's to building more connections, and building a healthier mental state.

Comments