Skip to main content

Into the Fryer

 I had a pretty good track going for things lately.  I had a plan to get things done, and didn't feel overloaded.  Things with home and all weren't the best, but I was managing, and having a list I could easily tackle most days was helpful.

And somehow, in the span of about a week, I went from managing, to busy, to fried.

I've taken on a lot in the last month, and more every week it seems.  I went from a handful of tasks per day, to what is often dozens, all ranging in time they take up, and many of them are larger projects, or will be continuous obligation.  Top that off with having to take care of myself, Squishy, and Oliver, and I feel like I can't stop moving ever.

On Saturday, after I had a good chunk of the day taken from me, because my parents decided what I was doing with my time, I tried to finally work out, and a few minutes in realized that I didn't want to do anything.  I didn't want to work out, or draw, or take on any of the things I needed to.  They all felt draining, and I seemed to be already on fumes.

I got through enough to feel like it was worth it, and then decided I was only going to take on a couple of things over the course of the weekend, while I restructure how I'm balancing everything.  I tried to even make time where I wasn't working on anything, so I could actually let my mind relax.

This week alone has a ton of things going on, so I have many time sensitive things to juggle and manage, and means little things pop up that need to be done right away because chunks of days are taken up by things that are happening on specific days.

It'll be a tough couple of weeks, but I'll figure out how to balance it all and get through.

Comments