Skip to main content

Long-Awaited Adventure

 I'm currently at Lux's, on my first long visit just to see him in about two years.  Between the pandemic, and needing schedules to line up, until his recent visit to me, the only thing we've been able to do are those short little overnights at my place.

There's certainly been a bit of adjustment again, as we get used to living around each other.  Things like sharing a bed in an apartment I haven't visited to before, and getting things done in a new office space together.  We adjust quickly though, knowing how to work with the other at this point, for the most part anyway.  

It's a good break from some things, and I think a necessary change of pace for us both.  There's been lots of little reassurances for us just being us, and moments of talking about where we want different things to go.  Quiet moments of ambition and desire that make me feel happy and driven to make everything work.

We also took a day to see some friends that I hadn't seen in a year or more.  We spent the first half of a day with Pyre, finally handing off her Christmas gift, and catching up on lots of things.  I have a lot of thoughts on what is going on with her currently, but that's going to take a bit of time to parse through and really figure out in a clear way.  That evening, we wound up going to see another friend and just having some time hanging out for a bit.  It was silly, and necessary, and made me want to have more time just talking to him in a more casual setting.

Also, Lux has been looking for a pup for himself the past couple of months.  It wasn't going the best, and he was getting a bit discouraged, but I kept looking every few days.  One morning I saw this big mushy boy, and got a good feeling from him, so I sent him over, and he applied.  He got approved, but won't be meeting him until I'm home, which has us both excited and antsy over whether or not he is the right pup for Lux.

Overall, while I still have a few days left here, I'm happy, and feeling far better than I have been.

Comments